Step I- Registration and Payment of Fee for Counselling
- Enter your COMEDK Login details in the Applicant Login ID.
- Click on ‘Counselling Registration’ Tab.
- Check your details and pay a fee of INR 5000.
- Upload all mandatory documents for verification.
- When the screen shows ‘successful payment’, log in to your account again to participate in Counselling
Step II- Option Entry and Locking
- After successful payment, login and click on ‘Option Entry’
- Select whether you want to make a choice based on the list of colleges or courses.
- Click on ‘Add Preference’. Make sure that the college and course you select appears under ‘Selected Preferences’.
- Ensure that you select the college and course in order of your preference.
- Click on the ‘Save’ button to add your preference.
- Click on ‘Preview’ to see your selected choices. If you wish to remove any course or college from the list, click on the ‘remove’ button available on the right-hand side of each choice.
- Once you’re satisfied with your preference list, click on save and take a print out for future reference.
Step III- COMEDK Mock Allotment
On the basis of preferences entered in Step II, candidates will be allotted seats. They will have the option to change their preferences during Mock Allotment.
- Log in to your account and click on ‘Counselling Process’
- Check your allotted college, course and preference number.
- If you wish to make any changes to your list, click on ‘Option Entry’ and add, remove or reorder your preferences.
- Once you’re done, click on ‘Save’ and take a print out for future reference.
Step IV- Allotment of Seats
Seat Allotment will be done on the basis of the candidate’s rank in COMEDK Merit List and the preferences submitted during online counselling and Mock Allotment. The offline Counselling will be held in Bangalore where the final seat allotment will be done. Students must be prepared for the following at the COMEDK counselling venue.
- Submission and Verification of documents
- Registration of candidates that includes Biometric Verification, Signature, Photo verification and issuance of registration slip.
- Seat Allocation
- Depositing the Demand Draft
- Collection of Allotment Letter and Fee Receipt
Note- No duplicate allotment letter will be issued under any situation. Therefore, it is important to keep the Allotment Letter carefully. If the allotment letter issued to the applicant is found tampered, then the competent authority can cancel such allotment.
Step V- Post Seat Allotment choices for the Candidates
Candidates have 4 options after they have been allotted seats.
- Accept- In this case, they will not be eligible for the second round of counselling. They will have to pay INR 50,000 to confirm the seat allotted and report to the allotted college for verification of documents.
- Accept and Upgrade- In this case, they will be eligible for the second round of counselling. They will have to pay INR 50,000 to confirm the seat allotted and report to the allotted college for verification of documents. If higher preferences are not available, then the seat allotted in the first round will be retained.
- Reject and Upgrade- Seat allotted in the first round must be given up to take part in the second round of counselling. They will have to pay INR 50,000 to confirm the seat allotted in round 2 and report to the allotted college for verification of documents.
- Reject and Withdraw- In this case, the candidate will give up the seat allotted in 1st round and will be ineligible for further rounds of counselling.
Step VI- Document Verification & Allotment Letter
- This step is only for those students who have selected the ‘Accept’ option after 1st round of counselling.
- Download the Verification Entry Card from ‘Documents required for Verification’ tab in the COMEDK Login.
- Once the candidates have got their documents verified, they will receive the Original Allotment Letter from the venue of document verification.
- They are required to report to the allotted college within the time period stipulated in the letter.